Thursday, April 28, 2011

Good News From Haiti!

Lori Greene has been communicating with her contacts in Haiti.  Lori has sent them pictures of the veves that you have all made.  THEY LOVE IT!  Lori said one person was brought to tears when she saw what we are doing for them.  I don't know about you, but this makes me feel really, really good.

I haven't been to Mosaic on a Stick in a couple of weeks, but I know that several of you have been taking your squares in.  I have three here at home - my own, Janine's, and Julie Reeve's second one.  Remember that May 3 is the deadline.  Judy Sell and Gil Gragert have agreed to do two squares so they have special dispensation to turn them in late (but in time for the Edina Art Center Show).  When it's all done, we'll have 24 square feet to install (plus the border).  It's definitely going to make a statement!

The hospital is moving along faster now, so we may be able to install it within the next 6-8 months - or maybe even sooner.  I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of the work and how it shows WE CAN DO THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! What a great accomplishment for the group and Susan and Lori personally to see the vision and care it through.

    ReplyDelete